bon adventures

Friday, January 18, 2008

Allrecipes

Allrecipes is the site I use the most when looking for new recipes because of the reviews. If a recipe isn't good, a reviewer will say so. If a recipe is pretty good, but someone made it better by adding more ingredients, baking something longer, etc., this sage advice is written in the reviews so I can also make these adjustments and benefit from a tastier meal. Most reviews are pretty straight forward and written in plain English. Most of the time "definitely" is spelled wrong.

Tonight, I discovered the strangest review I have ever seen in my many years of trolling through recipe sites:

"Pray to the godhead of corn and let your tentacles bask in its neon light."

I don't know if I want my tentacles to bask... should I make this Cajun Style Corn Soup and run the risk of meeting the godhead of corn? And why is the light neon? It's not a haiku. I don't get it.

After reading the following review, I knew these were the cookies I should make for Andrew's birthday:

"My daughter (2.5yrs) loved them so much she stole a fourth cookie after I told her to wait until later to have another and refused to give it up and totally mashed it in her hand as I tried to take it away. Then she tried to eat the crumbs off the floor..."

The cookies were super good. Andrew said he ate 18 at once. That sounds like a happy birthday.

2 Comments:

  • At January 22, 2008 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those cookies are the best, you're right! My mom-in-law has that recipe, which I've made numerous times... it was a happy day to eat about six, but not a happy night...

     
  • At February 24, 2008 9:24 PM, Blogger Mark Zacharias said…

    I think you should make the corn soup. It sounds tasty. And I mean really what is the godhead of corn going to do? Shower you with popcorn should you retract your tentacles?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home