bon adventures

Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year's Resolution

I do not make New Year's Resolutions because I have enough guilt in my life. Mostly, I feel guilty about how lazy I am, so if I make a resolution, I'll just be lazy about it and feel guilty some more!

Instead, I have just had the brilliant idea to resolve to use more words. (Not a new idea, but a good one.) For instance, I do not use the word "pontificate" nearly enough. Also, I don't believe I've ever uttered the word "caveat" in a sentence. I had a customer explain a "trifecta" of issues with his car today. I admire the announcers on CBC radio. They talk gooder than I.

Any other words I should add to my collection this year? "Intrusion," perhaps? I'm asking the four of you who read this. Yes, you.

On a somewhat related note, my little sisters called me yesterday and told me via speaker phone: "Did you know that 'booger' and 'snot' aren't words? They're not in the dictionary!" Since I'm ever the educator, I told them to look up "mucus."

1 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2007 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should use "nubile", it is such a wonderful word that is sure to raise eyebrows.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home