bon adventures

Friday, August 04, 2006

I stepped on my glasses

"Trampled glasses" can be added to the list of things that went wrong/expensive things that broke. One arm got drastically bent. When I took the glasses in to get fixed, the "technician" bent the good arm to match the bad arm! They were later adjusted, but they're wonky now.

We went to Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby last night, and I had a great time. It was very funny movie. It kept me entertained for the entire 105 minutes. No thinking required. Gary Cole was hilarious as Ricky Bobby's dad.

I read an interesting article on Cognitive Daily this morning. There are two audio clips of Ave Maria to listen to. In the second clip, I thought a contemporary composer decided to play around with the familiar melody, and the new harmonies reminded me of Satie's Gymnopedies. I kind of liked it.

Here's something really creepy. Jason thought he was reading a comic book when he read that article (of course, everything you read on the internet is true). If a spontaneously formed neural network of cultured rat neurons were to compose, would the music be bitonal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home