bon adventures

Friday, May 26, 2006

Cave Hill

Yesterday we went to Belfast Castle and hiked up Cave Hill. Belfast Castle was a disappointment for our first castle (not ancient enough), but the garden was pristine. The castle will always have good luck as long as it has a white cat. I love this stone sculpture of a cat sunning itself in the tulips. I have a feeling my Auntie Sharon will like it a lot, too.

This is the view from inside one of the caves on Cave Hill. Jason climbed up into it. People hid here when Germany bombed Belfast in WWII. The Castle has pictures of ladies and gents in their fancy dress sitting here. Can you imagine hiking up a hill in a skirt and boots?


Below is McArt's Fort. About three quarters of the way up, I decided not to attack the fort because I was tired. Let them have their hill. We pushed ahead and enjoyed the spectacular view. I was awestruck by the beauty of the green everything, and the fact that I was in N. Ireland. I love hiking with my husband. It's one of my favourite things. I missed Blake and his ruby red boots a wee bit. (He took us hiking on Berg Lake trail.) Jason has been uploading photos to Flickr. The internet is noticeably slower here, so he's getting an exercise in patience. Check out the photos there if you want to see more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home